Amazing Roasted Veggies
Hi Everyone! Hope you are all doing well! Tonight I wanted to share with you guys my new obsession: roasted vegetables! I have to tell you guys, I am totally not into vegetables and before I found this recipe from Lo Bosworth I never ate them! (I know so bad!) So I’m sure you guys know who Lo is but if not she used to be on the show the Hills on MTV, and now she is going to culinary school and she posts videos on her youtube channel about some of the recipes she does at school and this is one of them! I will post the link to her channel and this video at the bottom! Anyway, this is how I do my vegetables and they are a great side to go with chicken, or steak, or even a pasta dish. They are unbelievable, I do a nice mix of carrots, zucchini, asparagus, squash, sweet potatoes or really anything you have/like. So here goes!
-Veggies (I like carrots the best because they caramelize! mmm)
-Salt and pepper
1. So preheat your often to 350. Now the first step is to cut up all your veggies. The most important thing is to keep all of them around the same size so they all cook at the same rate. I cut mine in about 2-3 inch strips pretty thin maybe like 1/3-1/2 of an inch in thickness.
2. Next lay the veggies in an even layer on a baking sheet or two.
3. Drizzle olive oil over the top of all the veggies and either shake the pan or move them around with your fingers.
4. Now season with salt and pepper, the most important part of this is to season from really high up so that you get an even distribution of the seasoning and so that you use less salt!
*Sometimes I add some fresh thyme for a little extra flavor but just salt and pepper is my favorite!*
5. Bake the vegetables for about 20 mins, give or take a few. I also like to shake the veggies around about halfway through and when they seem tender there ready to tale out.
Lo’s Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCuNR_3s4Wf1CflxomAcfJ6w
The recipe video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_08yvzHIPbw