Happy Birthday Dinner – Shrimp Scampi
Hi everyone! How are you guys? So, tuesday the 22nd was my dads 57th birthday! And although we just had a small family dinner at home, I made his absolute favorite meal for him, shrimp scampi. It is not hard to make at all and it was SUPER delicious and he loved it so so much! So I wanted to share with you all the recipe!
Dad’s Shrimp Scampi
What you need:
1 lb shrimp
1/4 c chopped parsley
1 lemon sliced
salt and pepper
1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
3/4 box of penne pasta (my dad’s favorite!
3/4 c chicken/seafood stock
5 garlic cloves
1/3 of an onion minced
3/4 c olive oil
1/4 c cooking wine
1. Saute a few teaspoons olive oil, onion and garlic.
2. When onion becomes transparent, now add whine and let that cook out for a few minutes. Now add stock, the rest of the olive oil and cook for a few minutes.
3. Now add the lemon slices, salt and pepper, and red pepper flakes. Let this cook for about 10 minutes while the pasta is cooking.
4. A few minutes before the pasta is done add the shrimp (if its frozen add a few more minutes of cook time).
5. Add the pasta and taste the sauce and add a little more salt and pepper to aste and finish off by pouring the sauce over the pasta in a large bowl.